Our vision is to build a community for around 25 families on the east side of Lake Washington, which is part of the Seattle metropolitan area. We are looking for a site near a city center where there is good walkability and easy access to transit. Near downtown Kirkland, Bellevue, and Redmond are all potential Eastside locations.
The building will follow best sustainable environmental building practices.
It could be built as a housing development with homes built around a green space and a common house or it could be a multistory building built around a courtyard.
We are working together as a group to decide exactly what we want in our location and in our living spaces. We welcome you to join us in this process. Imagine what our better community would look like!
7 Fun Facts About the Seattle Area
1. People in Seattle consume more coffee than in any other American city; one study stated that there are 35 coffee shops per 100,000 residents.
2. Seattle is one of the most highly educated and literate cities in America. The Seattle Public Library has the highest per-capita percentage of library-card holders in the United States.
3. There are two floating bridges, I-90 and 520, that connect Seattle proper to the Eastside of Lake Washington. The 520 bridge is the world’s longest floating bridge.
4. There are more dogs and cats in Seattle than children. But we cherish the kids we have. Of the city's population over the age of 25, 53.8 percent (vs. a national average of 27.4 percent) hold a bachelor's degree or higher. Amazing.
5. We have some powerhouse corporate giants here, including Amazon, Microsoft, Starbucks, Costco, Nordstrom, and Alaska Airlines.
6. Despite all the hills and rain, biking is our most popular sport. Go figure.
7. With 8,000 lakes, 50,000 miles of rivers and streams, and 3,200 miles of shoreline, it’s no surprise that Washington State has the highest per-capita boat usage in the United States.